En réponse à John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>:

> I think he is referring to the overextension of "-t-il" to places
> where it historically was not grammatical, as follows:
>
> Dans l'interrogation [...] la langue familière a créé une
>
> particule *ti* ou *til*, du genre: "Tu viens-ti?" ou encore
>
> "Qui c'est-(t)il?"

Oh yeah! For this one I agree. Though very dialectical and rural, it exists,
indeed. Moreover, it comes from my dialect of French :) (though I speak the
city version :) ).

> But hey, what can you expect from a language that 1) tells us
> that what is not clear is not French, and 2) uses "la belle age"
> for youth but "une belle age" for old age?  :-)

Except that 'âge' is masculine, the two expressions are correct :) . Well, at
least we make everyone happy :) .

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr