> > And Humanists.  I took the test at www.selectsmart.com/religion
> at scored a 100% match on Secular Humanism, as expected.
> > --  Christian Thalmann

I got the following, much to my surprise:

1. Eastern Orthodox (100%)
2. Roman Catholic (100%)
3. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (96%)
4. Orthodox Quaker (90%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (89%)

I would have called myself #3 above, but their definition of that
includes that hostility for science that I find so irritating.  several
things that I don't agree with.  Oddly enough, when I
read their description of Eastern Orthodox, I was surprised to find that
I actually did agree with almost all of it.  At the bottom I had:

25. New Age (12%)
26. Taoism (10%)
27. Secular Humanism (9%)

More or less as expected, except that I have a perrenial interest and
good deal of respect for Taoism

Then, masquerading as a Yivrínda, I got the following:

1. Bahá'í Faith (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (94%)
3. Neo-Pagan (92%)
4. Islam (91%)
5. Jainism (90%)

Pretty good, especially since you could call the Yivríndil religion a
Judeo-pagan synthesis (though of course there are neither Jews nor
"pagans" as we understand it where the Yivríndi live.) At the bottom
were:

25. Secular Humanism (43%)
26. Taoism (36%)
27. Atheists and Agnostics (34%)

Evidently those Secular Humanists and Taoists don't fare well either with
me personally or in my conculture ;-).

Jesse S. Bangs     Pelíran
jaspax@ juno.com
"There is enough light for those that desire only to see, and enough
darkness for those of a contrary disposition."  --Blaise Pascal