In a message dated 9/19/01 12:27:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 The reality is that we want to be safe, and we also want a reasonable
 experience in flying. And the other reality is that the whole sharp object
 prohibition should go away as soon as they fix the cockpit doors such that
 the flight crew can be locked into the cockpit.

Unfortunately Nick this won't work. As long as the human factor is involved
then all the terrorist will do is kill or hold the crew or passengers hostage
and what pilot wouldn't do whatever he could do to try and save his people.

I have a great idea that would stop hijacking if anyone would like to hear it
email me privately since its not Scuba related.

Take care,

Ray