I use stay for any place like dorms or apartments I have no intention of
living in forever.  I'd even use stay fro the place I'm staying now since I
know I won't be here more than 4 years.

Adam

So lift the cup of joy and take a big drink.
In spite of it all it's a beautiful world.
-------Suzanne Knutzen