On Sunday 23 September 2001 08:50, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Thomas R. Wier wrote:
> > > I was once able to write letters in Selang - a language that
> > > was supposed to resemble both Indo-European languages and
> > > Etruscan, so I don't think learning conlangs is silly ;-).
> >
> > Interesting!
>
> I even wrote a small treatise on the grammar of Selang,
> as a birthday present for the creator, I just remembered.

I made an attempt to learn Selang as well, and I could write letters
or at least postcards in it, but whenever I thought I was getting the
hang of it the creator would find another cool feature that he wanted
to incorporate and change it. Ah well.

> Anyway, it's old, written in the days of yore when I still
> used WordPerfect 5.1 for MS-Dos:
>
>     http://www.valdyas.org/conlang/selang.wp5
>
> I don't know whether there's anything current that can import
> it.

StarOffice can (I tried). And, I think, the current versions of
WordPerfect and Word.

   Irina

[log in to unmask] (myself)     http://www.valdyas.org/irina/valdyas