I don't think <add> is what you want for this purpose. For one thing the
semantics aren't quite right: although a postscript is by definition
something added, is it the same as the kind of addition you might make in
the body of a text? More significantly, the content model is wrong: you
can't have <p>s inside it. You'd have to do that with <addSpan>.

If you do want to use <add>, you could put them INSIDE the <closer> which
is intended to be a grouping element for all the paraphernalia at the end
of a <div>. But you still couldn't have <p>s inside them.

paragraphs, plus you could encode any additional paraphernalia such as
another signature or date attached to the postscript.  Obviously, it means
the extra burden of requiring you to wrap the body of the letter in a

Syd's suggestion of adding a new special purpose element is a good
alternative. But it should be added to the divBot class, and its TEIFORM
should be P, not NOTE. (It isn't a note, for the reasons that Syd
indicates; and specialPara is a content model to be avoided if at all
possible) -- so you still couldn't have multi-paragraph postscripts. If
you want that, then its teiform is div (and it can't be a member of
divbot).

Looking at your example, I would also question the wisdom of tagging
distinct letters as <div1>s. A div is by definition incomplete. A complete
letter should be tagged as a <text>. Then you could tag the postscripts as

Lou

       ----------Sent from the Desktop at Burnard Towers-------------
       http://users.ox.ac.uk/~lou            [log in to unmask]