On the issue of converters and conversion.... Does anyone on this list use Arbortext's Epic product? We're trying it out but so far it seems to lean heavily towards the Docbook DTD for technical manuals and such. The Interchange module does the Word conversion, with the same issues mentioned here already (strict styles, manual cleanup). We like majix and the RTF route to conversion. Thank you Sebastian for this scenario - "Arial - tell Word to export HTML - convert the HTML to XHTML with the W3C "tidy" program - transform the XHTML to TEI with an XSLT script but I also uses "majix" on occasion, which reads RTF and writes XML (configurable). there are many other similar products" Lisa Charlong Lisa Charlong Assistant Director Electronic Text Centre University of New Brunswick Libraries Fredericton, NB, Canada [log in to unmask] Phone: 506.447.3309 Fax: 506.453.4595 ************** "If you're flying ahead into the future and you meet someone flying backwards into the past, it's probably best that you avoid eye contact." **************