At 03.39 p.m. 3.10.2001, you wrote:
>I think it's somewhat like this - Americans tend to be proud of and
>know their constitution and amendments, etc, some even being able to
>quote it off by heart, whereas I doubt that anyone can quote a single
>line from the Australian constitution...

Nah. I can quote one line: The Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act
1900 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom at Westminster. As
soon as I read that, I set about memorising it.

But I'm as republican as an under-eighteen-year-old can be. We should have
our own HoS. (Although I wasn't too fond of Keating's plan. The HoS should
*be* the Govenor General).

Tristan