Thomas R. Wier scripsit:

> One of the reasons that Texas's governor is one of the weakest in the
> nation (a fact Bush conveniently forgot to mention on the campaign trail)

Southern governors are weak in general (the offices, I mean, not the
persons necessarily).  Molly Ivins pointed out that a lot was
explained about the Clinton Administration by realizing that
he was still operating, or trying to, in the consensus-building,
bargaining style he learned as Governor of Arkansas.  It'll be
interesting to see how Dubya looks on that scale.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              [log in to unmask]
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,