"Thomas R. Wier" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Quoting Dennis Paul Himes <[log in to unmask]>:
> >     I beg your pardon.  Fairfield County is not most of Connecticut.
>
> Yes, yes, I am aware of this. It's really too bad that tone is
> difficult to convey online;  it would have been obvious in speech
> that I was exaggerating for effect.

    That's OK.  So was I.  I actually grew up in Fairfield County, but I've
lived in Hartford for years and I've picked up the irritation the rest of
the state feels when people assume that Conn. == rich suburbs.

                 Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                   http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis.htm
        Gladilatian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/glad/lang.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99