Steg Belsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:18:28 -0400 Dennis Paul Himes <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> > ObConlang: "Snyry Hsmohop" is Gladilatian for "Connecticut".  It
> > means "Long River" (with the proper noun suffix "op").
>
> Does just Snyry Hsmohop mean "Long River", or does it mean that because
> that's what "Connecticut" means?

snyry   adj.    long
hsmo    noun    river
[h]op   suffix  (proper noun)

                 Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                   http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis.htm
        Gladilatian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/glad/lang.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99