>From: Muke Tever <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:17:26 -0500
>
>What we need is to start an rumor about how English only has one word for
>"a
>piece of coiled metal", "a natural upwelling of water", "to jump nimbly
>into the
>air", "the growing season", and "to escape someone from prison".
>Eventually
>it'll snowball into "English only has one word for everything" and then we
>can
>all go home.

Ooo! Ooo! I can help you get this rumor started! That same word also means
"to get up suddenly", "to trigger a trap", "to show up suddenly or
unexpectedly", "to decend from", "to begin to grow", "to surprise", "to
suddenly begin leaking", "youthful vigor".

See it's already got at least 6 or 700 meanings.  It's better than Eskimo
snow!

Adam