From: "Tristan Alexander McLeay" <[log in to unmask]>
> One of the problems of dvorak is that 'most people' have problems using a
> qwerty keyboard afterwards. I'm slowly regaining qwerty skills, but I'm a
> lot slower (for, say, using on an opac at a library) than before. (I'd say
> about ten words per minute with the odd look.)

When I had Dvorak on my own computer, I kept in practice with both layouts,
cause I had qwerty at work, and also 'cause I never bothered to set it up to be
dvorak at the dos prompt/console/whatever.

At other computers I could use the qwerty easily, but when I had to use qwerty
on my own computer I always tripped up.

> Although I must say that I like dvorak. Before dvorak, it was a completely
> valid observation to say 'you'd type faster if you didn't type so fast',
> but now, mistakes only happen in memorised regular sequences, like
> 'Tristan' or my password, and there it's only a case of 'Tristna' or similar.

The fun part is when you're typing in a hurry, off in another world, and realize
you've typed the whole last sentence for the whole wrong keyboard.  Instant
conlang! ;p

    *Muke!