On Monday, November 5, 2001, at 02:47 , Christian Thalmann wrote:

> Yoon Ha Lee wrote:
>> http://pegasus.cityofveils.com/tasratal.phtml
>>
>> There's a .gif with the alphabet and another .gif at the bottom showing
>> the "to find happiness, one should not seek it" translation written in
>> the
>> "native" and less-than-a-week-old alphabet.  ^_^
>
> Beautiful.  Nice style.  The only complaint I have is that the GIF shows
> /B/ as the sound of {b} although the text suggests it's /P/, which would
> be a phi in IPA.

Thank you.  And <blush> you're absolutely right.  I intended /B/, but for
some reason I must've mis-looked-up the ASCII version.  I'll fix that
sometime this week.

> Oh, and in the interlinear you offer a /v/ for the pronunciation of a
> {v}, which should be /f/ according to the text.  Unless you've withheld
> some info about intervocalic voicing.  =P

Man, the errors are just breedin', aren't they?  You're right again.  It
might be interesting to evolve Tasratal into intervocalic voicing but for
now I want to keep it simple.  Thanks, and I'll fix that too sometime.

Yoon Ha Lee [[log in to unmask]]
http://pegasus.cityofveils.com

Q: How can you tell if a mathematician is extraverted?
A: He stares at *your* shoes when he talks to you.