En réponse à Muke Tever <[log in to unmask]>:

> From: "Almaran Dungeonmaster" <[log in to unmask]>
> > When I first read the site I quoted, I assumed as much. However, since
> the
> > French page did use the "R" to note its rhotic, while no "r" was used,
> I was
> > kind of under the impression that phonetic characters were meant
> instead of
> > phonemes.
>
> Possibly because /R/ is not exactly the symbol for a rhotic, but IIRC
> for a
> voiced uvular fricative (IPA inverted small capital R).

It is a rhotic sound. Rhoticity can be achieved in many ways.

   [That is the
> French
> sound, isn't it?  It sounds like the one I've heard in the
> commercials...
> although it might actually have been voiceless.]

It's voiced in French.

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

PS: I just come back from a seminary in Veldhoven, so I have a lot of catch-up
to do. I already read the 400 e-mails that I got, and I'm now in the process of
slowly answering the ones I can :)) .