Wel, we do in some way. Not in root words, but it might happen across a
syllable break. A dutch word like "geŽerd" (honored),
where the diacritic is not phonetic, but only included to indicate the
syllable break.

I love words with long vowel sequences... even though they are not the same
quality. A Dutch word like "koeieuier", meaning "cow's udder"... try to
pronounce that if you are not familiar with Dutch phonology.

We use a lot of vowel combinations in general in Dutch, though never more
than two of the same quality following each other (well, maybe in
compositions, but they don't count, and I can't think of any either). I
personally love the combinations "ieu",and "eeu" which are always followed
by a "w". "nieuw"(new), "eeuw" (century).

Maarten van Beek