On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:18:28AM +0100, Almaran Dungeonmaster wrote:
[snip]
> > On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 07:49:01PM -0800, Yoon Ha Lee wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I am Ohm of Borg.  Resistance is Voltage over Current.
> >
> > ROTFL!!!
> >
> > Perhaps it's better phrased (in stereotypical caveman-speak):
> >         "I, Ohm the Borg. Resistance is Voltage over Current."
>
> But the first is more in line with actual Borg speech. They either say
> "We are the Borg." or in the rare cases where they put forth an individual
> " am Locutus of Borg" (Patrick Stewart in a historical episode of TNG).
>
> Remember, the Borg are definitely not cavemen... They live in cubes and
> spheres, and are very wel developed, though somewhat simplistic and
> extremely pragmatic :-)

No, no, you missed my intention. I was playing a pun on the word "am".
"Ohm" can be construed to be a back, open version of "am", you see.
(Back/open as in the vowel quality :-P) So it's a pun on "I am the
Borg..." The caveman reference was my way of hinting at the shift in vowel
value there :-P

Roasting my brains over a slow fire. Please do not interrupt this process.