Dang, tried to post from my online mailbox and got rejected by the listserv.
 =(  Here's another attempt:

--- In conlang@y..., Jrg Rhiemeier <joerg.rhiemeier@N...> wrote:

> my departure being delayed by one day, I have found the time to post
> the new, revised version of the ASCII-IPA scheme I posted a few days
> ago.

I like it a lot!  The concept of minimizing unsightly modifier clusters and
trying to use as few diacritics as consistently as possible is certainly
laudible.

Still, I think there are a few places where it unnecessarily deviates from
the established standard.  I propose these changes:

1) Use the asterisk for impl and ejec stops rather than the [`].
2) Use the now free [`] symbol for retroflexion, as it is currently used in
SAMPA.
3) Use the now free [.] symbol for the syllable break, as it is currently
used in SAMPA.
4) Use the now free [-] symbol for linking (absence of a break).
5) Use the now free [=] symbol for syllabic consonants, as it is currently
used in SAMPA.
6) Allow [V] as an alternate notation for ["E].

With these alterations, I'd consider your system to be the most appealing
ASCIIification of IPA so far.  =)

-- Christian Thalmann

http://www.gmx.net