>From: "Donald J. HARLOW"
>>But you can always speak faster, can't you? Besides, it's
>>not only the length of words that matter. Some grammars
>>are more conscise than some others. In Chinese you would
>>say "yi ge ren" whereas the same in English is shortly
>>"one man". Chinese loses 1 syllable here.
>>
>>So you lose 1/3 of your life speaking Chinese instead of
>>English? What a waste! (Note the irony!)
>>
>>The question is: what's the hurry? Languages don't have
>>to be concise. My native language Finnish is famous of
>>its long words. And we are slow speakers too. Still many
>>people find enough time to slip some curses between every
>>other word - even though they don't add any valuable
>>information. Not even the mood of aggression because they
>>are all too common here.
>
>This is pretty much where I am coming from, too. Do we _need_ to think
>faster? Frankly, I've gotten a little doubtful about this over the years.
>One of the advantages of thinking slowly is that you have time to
>_rethink_. We can all see the problems of the ability to react quickly in
>watching discussions on the internet. And I think we've all discovered that
>second thoughts are perhaps better than the first ones.
>
>I've also watched what happened as fast-thinking computers were brought
>on-line to do jobs that had been done by humans before; to use an analogy
>from physics, the amplitude of near-resonance shot way up because of a loss
>of damping, which had previously been in place because of relatively slow
>thought in human beings. A good example was the near meltdown on Wall
>Street in 1987, when new computer programs started dumping stock right and
>left. After that, they had to install software not to slow down the
>computers but to actually turn them off under certain conditions, or so I
>understand.
>
>I'd rather think slowly and well than fast and poorly.
>
>You write in your posting on "My Theory of Languages" (note: it's not just
>that a few people couldn't open your page [which apparently was accessibly
>only to those with Microsoft Word installed, in any case] but that, at
>least as far as your server was concerned, neither that page nor any other
>at that site was there at all):

Answer: A faster thinking speed doesn't mean you should think fast, I may
say it enable to think fast. If you want think slow by this language, do
what you like. Such a language just more flexible, beside easier to compose
new words. And comparing both languages user young to young, old for old,
faster to faster and slow to slow, the shorter language saving life.
Su Cheng Zhong