Am 21.12.01, Matthew Kehrt yscrifef:

> I seem to be the only one in the world in favor of keeping pennies.  It
> seems silly to have the smallest coin be worth 5 units and have all
> other denominations multiples of this.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the nickel either. It's just about
as worthless and equally a nuisance.

> It would make more sense to
> redefine the value of pennies to be five times their face value and work
> up from there.  (Easier said than done, of course.)

Well,  yes. A complete revaluation of the currency would work.
It's not that hard - just about every country in the world has
done it; many have done it lots of times. Our current sutiation
really doesn't warrant such a move though!

> -M
Padraic.
--
Bethes gwaz vaz ha leal.