nicole thinks she really needs to get around to finally reading those
books...

--- Almaran Dungeonmaster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> THIS MORNING I WAS TRULY HAPPY FOR THREE HOURS!!!
>
> Disclaimer: If you are a Tolkine-hater, please, do not continue to
> read.
>
> I saw The Fellowship of the Ring this morning, and I was stumped.
> It is the
> best movie I have ever seen, and it kills me to have to wait for
> another
> year for the second part. Never have three hours of my life passed
> so
> quickly as this morning.
> As this is not a Tolkien fanlist, I will limit my command to
> conlang-related
> issues:
>
> - The writings on the ring are definitely correct (as far as my
> recollection
> goes). I saw them and checked my books as I came home, and for as
> far as I
> could determine, they were exact.
>
> - The elves speak in elven, most of the time. And even the humans
> speaking
> to the elves, speak in elven. It sounds soooooo cool, and I am
> usually very
> critical.
>
> They did cut out some stuff, such as Tom Bombadil, but I think the
> story was
> left mostly intact, and focussed on thos details that can be well
> shown in
> film. The film complements the books perfectly, imho.
>
> Anyone who wants more comments, can e-mail me directly.
>
> Maarten (still filled with the image of the beauftiful Galadriel
> tempted to
> take the One Ring).

=====
shmuli atae muhnkia-jiqek qelek nimmekel-Luddiga bl apor-flauschige blaue Affen-tdifai kwainG MANgKIWi-mndos zoros faffalos-khami zhaftami nuri xhan-jasnni ji jakihi-Moncaithe gorma clmhacha-Monhyey ngonul hweyaru ryehyumeru-muncaidhean gorma molach-jhachtaraadkimyo-monos peludos azules-pushistye sinie obe&#380;iany-znesfersaup slraup bfparaup-k&#281;dzierzawe niebieskie ma&#322;py-cirmos ke'k majmok-fuzzi serule mini-primate-Hlssbonakka Jonj-pluizige blauwe aapjes-menomeno yanubi wayanoso-monkt kosipi eyoh-macacos nebulosos azuis-pukhnasti blakytni mavpy-ldne bl aber