Christophe Grandsire wrote:
> That's what it is, at least for me.

Among my correspondents, once upon a time, was a young fellow named
Charles Donahue II.  He often signed his zine with silly parodies like
Chuck U 2 (I don't remember whether that was in fact one of them).  When
his father died, he asked his mother whether he ought to drop the
number; she said no, it's part of your name.  I always thought it very
strange that his number was the most inviolable element of his name.

> > . . . . I prefer the definition of a name as that
> > by which you call yourself. In this case, the Spanish use of "se
> > llamar" is not that illogical.
>
> In my personal case, it isn't so. I never gave myself any name,
> and would be quite unable to do so. . . . I'm just unable to
> name the entity which I call "me", except by using this word
> "me" (or "moi" :))) ), since I hardly know this entity...

I know what you mean.  Nobody ever gave me a nickname, and I was never
entirely happy with any of the SCA names I coined.  I even feel
paralyzed at having to name my own files!

--
Anton Sherwood  --  http://www.ogre.nu/