Quoting Clint Jackson Baker <[log in to unmask]>:

> --In my first go at this, I thought I'd experiment by
> using as few pronouns as possible, hence:
> 1st:
> you
> it/she/he
> 2nd:
> we
> --
> they
> Five total.  As you say, I could have gone either way
> with the "general 'you'".

'You' can have fewer, though.  Some languages make
no distinction of number at all (e.g., Classical
Chinese), having just "1stP", "2ndP" and "3rdP".

Thomas Wier <[log in to unmask]> <http://home.uchicago.edu/~trwier>

             "...koruphàs hetéras hetére:isi prosápto:n /
Dept. of Linguistics  mú:tho:n mè: teléein atrapòn mían..."
University of Chicago "To join together diverse peaks of thought /
1010 E. 59th Street   and not complete one road that has no turn"
Chicago, IL 60637     Empedocles, _On Nature_, on speculative thinkers