Quoting Christopher B Wright <[log in to unmask]>:

> John Cowan saakel:
> >> That's illogical. There are two possibilities: Jesus told the
> >> truth about Himself, or He lied (and would probably have been
> >> insane in this case).
>
> > *That's* illogical.  People are usually not "knights" (who always
> > tell the truth) or "knaves" (who always lie).  Even if they never
> > lie by intention, *some* of their statements may be in error.
>
> _Your_ statement is illogical. Being God* on earth is boolean**;
> there's no middle ground.

Okay. At the danger of sounding like I want to control the
discussion, perhaps we should avoid theological disputes.
It's one thing to assert what one group or faith believes;
it's another thing entirely to argue about the logicality
of those beliefs.

Thomas Wier <[log in to unmask]> <http://home.uchicago.edu/~trwier>

             "...koruphàs hetéras hetére:isi prosápto:n /
Dept. of Linguistics  mú:tho:n mè: teléein atrapòn mían..."
University of Chicago "To join together diverse peaks of thought /
1010 E. 59th Street   and not complete one road that has no turn"
Chicago, IL 60637     Empedocles, _On Nature_, on speculative thinkers