Quoting Anton Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>:

> > On the positive side: the casting was pretty good overall.
> > (Agent Smith made a suprisingly good Elrond.)
>
> Oh, is that who he was!  He didn't look elvish to me.

Yeah.  It was weird seeing him in a heroic role in LOTR having
last seen him as an archvillain in _The Matrix_.

Thomas Wier <[log in to unmask]> <http://home.uchicago.edu/~trwier>

             "...koruphàs hetéras hetére:isi prosápto:n /
Dept. of Linguistics  mú:tho:n mè: teléein atrapòn mían..."
University of Chicago "To join together diverse peaks of thought /
1010 E. 59th Street   and not complete one road that has no turn"
Chicago, IL 60637     Empedocles, _On Nature_, on speculative thinkers