In a message dated 30.12.2001 03:03:52 PM, mz. [log in to unmask]
writes:

>--- froge sionk Thomas R. Wier:
><shnip>
>> Personally, I agree with Tolkien that it doesn't make
>> sense to have a conlang without a culture to go with it. Hence:
>> Phalera for the Phalerophones.
>>
>shmerf... what's with you people and things having to make sense all
>the time..?  and always wanting 'reasons' for doing things..?  that's
>all well and good if that's what you want to do...

    *snarfle* I kinda agree with both ya, but with this difference: I would
like to see a paraculture (not a conculture) arise from a conlang (like my
Lego ;)
    Be neat to see if Lego gives the Klingon paraculture a bit a' competition
::WiCKeD MaD-SCieNTiST-LiKe GRiNNaGe::

>all well and good if that's what you want to do... but some people
>(ok.. me) prefer nonsensicalness... it makes life more interesting
>;)...

    ::points to self:: Besides a healthy (clean & sober) dose of non-sense, I
tend to enjoy (and create) a lil organized Chaos and creative mischief
myself...

    "Chaos is a strange attractor." - me

czHANg, One-of-Many Avatars of Sun WuKong, a.k.a. "Monkey," a.k.a.
"TricksterGod of the Han Chinese"... Agent Provocateur of/for the Dark Gods
of Creative Chaos

BTW,  ^ 10 months Clean & Sober  ^  "...sheesh...time flew right by me..."

"Occupation?"
"Resistance."