Am 27.01.02, Fabian yscrifef:

> > > We NEEEEEED this word in English.  Honestly.

> > I disagree.  I think we need to ditch the distinction between married
> > woman and unmarried woman.
>
> Back about 150 years ago, the common word for this was 'master', and
> exactl;y equivalent to 'miss'.

Mister is just a weakened form of Master; as Missus is a
weakened form of Mistress. I use Miss and Mister regardless.

Master was also in fairly common use much more recently. When
I was little, older relatives addressed cards and such with
"Master". I've never used it for anyone.

I'm sure it drives the Miz legions batty, but sod em anyway.

> Fabian

Padraic.
--
Gwerez dah, chee gwaz vaz, ha leal.