En réponse à Peter Clark <[log in to unmask]>:

>         My horizontal script (which is better suited for everyday usage)
> has the
> following system: a line (think macron, except a little shorter)
> represents
> /i/, an acute accent /E/, a dot /a/, a curved hachek /o/, and a curved
> circumflex /M/ (unrounded /u/, in case you're not up on X-SAMPA). BTW,
> if
> there are alternative names for "curved hackek" and "curved
> circumflex,"
> please let me know. I'm sure there are, I just don't remember.

Your "curved hachek" is called the breve. As for a "curved circumflex", I've
read it called "cap" in the description of a LaTeX package. I suppose it's
quite a good name for it.


Take your life as a movie: do not let anybody else play the leading role.