<snip>

>>2. Since conlangs tend to be idiosyncratic, and tend to assert their
creators' individuality, I see no point in dividing the list into
"schools." Labels like "naturalistic," "exotic," and "logical" should be
seen as points on a continuum, not pigeonholes in which conlangers should
feel confined.

<snip>

Jim G.*<<

I love the way you stated this, since language itself works in this very
way. Even the sounds that make up languages are points on a continuum, and
languages themselves rarely, if not never, fit completely into the
categories that linguists set up.

=====
The Aquamarine Demon
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry." -Edgar Allan Poe

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." -Mark Twain