=?iso-8859-1?q?Jan=20van=20Steenbergen?= scripsit:

> Hehe. This reminds me of an argument I had a few days
> ago with my girl friend. My parrots were noisy and she
> was angry with them because they could wake up the
> baby. So I said: "You can't blame those parrots for
> parroting!" (i.e. doing whatever parrots are supposed
> to do because they are parrots, like: singing,
> yelling, flying...)

In English, "parrot" has a specific meaning: "to repeat
words or phrases by rote without understanding them"
and is typically applied to human beings, not parrots.
But it's a reasonable neologism in context.

--
John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>     http://www.reutershealth.com