jOHN:
> > For example, 'Pjat' may be the extrafictional English name, but
> > intrafictionally its English name might be 'Transylvanian' or such like
> > (with apologies to John for my forgetting yet again where exactly it
> > is spoken);
>
> In the Republic of Piatland, formerly the People's Republic (or maybe not,
> considering the changes in Ill Bethisad history), before 1914 part of
> the Triune Monarchy of Scythia-Pannonia-Transbalkania (which is why
> the language of record is Court-Gothic, not Piat).

Are you declining to say exactly where this is? (Two of my grandparents
came from smalltown Pannonia, iirc; I wonder if they might have spoken Piat.
Was it a language only of the peasantry?)

> I don't think there's a specific English-language name -- not important
> enough.

Can you point out any equally minor Real World European languages without
an English name? Livonian has under 10000 speakers (I think), but has
an English name, for example.

--And.