 --- Paul Edson <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >

> Am I understanding mood-marking at all? It *seems*
> right to me...

Why not? Stranger things have happened, and what you
propose looks plausible enough.

> c. assumptive (speaker assumes the statement to be
> true because it would usually be) = -im
> c. She usually arrives late.
> c. She arrives-im late.

The way you translate this sentence makes it rather
sound like an iterative. Here's my counter-proposal:

c. No doubt, she will arrive late again, that just
typically her, she'll probably never learn to be in
time! ;)

Jan

=====
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." --- J. Michael Straczynski