In a message dated 3/17/02 10.23.56 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>The thing with a conlang is to mix these elements in new and interesting
>ways so that they become your own distinctive creation.  It's rather like
>cooking (oneof my other hobbies), I like to think: all the ingredients
>have been used before, but I use them in my own way to create something new.

    LOL... Good metaphor. To me, some languages definitely are like the
various flavours of foods - some are simple, clear/clean & minimal in tastes,
i.e. sushi or Vegan salads or seaslug soup. Some languages are spicy, i.e.,
like there are many kinds of curry - with varying degrees of tastes,
spiciness, intensity & heat (and - arguably - aftertaste(s)).

    Due to the insidious influences of this list *  ;)  I like it all...
well, ok, I appreciate most languages - both NatLang & ConLang (_some_
AuxLangs, too).

    * esp'ly Christophe, Maarten, Ray, Kou, Mathias, Ms. BleuFuzzieMonkeys,
Dirk, Yitzak "the Snakie", Pavel, David "DigiScreamer", Yoon, Mia, And Rosta
"the Ambivert Ambivalent"... eek! I hope I am not fergittin' anyone who has
helped me &/or commented on my emails/conlanging progess (or chided me for
lack thereof ;)

    OBCONLANG/NATLANG: Question: What flavour(s) do you peeps assign your own
ConLangs? How about your "Fav NatLangs"?

czHANg, workin' on/playin' with a
feta-cheese-on-pita-bread-&-tofu-garbanzo-bean-curry like ConLang ;)
[tentatively called "Lilakrit." Iin another words, Lego much "mutated" & made
more NatLang-ish, less like a pidgin/creole, too]

Hanuman Zhang {HANoomaan JAHng} =>  _Xanuman Dja:xng_ /'hanuma~n  dZa'hN/
        Avatar of Sun WuKong,
        a.k.a. "Monkey," a.k.a. "TricksterGod of Chinese Boxers"

~ om hung hanumatay rudratmakai hung phat ~
        mantra to Hanuman the Hindu Monkey TricksterGod

    ~§~ xaos ~§~
Hail to thee TricksterGods! Io Thee ChaosGodhead!!!
~§~  thee Prizc ov Existenz iz Ætern'l Warfær 'n' Creativ Playf'llniz  ~§~