 --- "M. ┼." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please note that in my case "non-Indo-European" plus
> "not very old" equals
> "somewhat sucking English". ;) Trying to improve it.

Well, I am very very Indo-European, and not very
young, but my English is not at all better. :-b

> The language itself has more influence from Uralic
> laguages, as it is my first bigger conlang.
> The "feel" of sounds (not really enough to say
> phonology) I tried to reach was mostly from Dutch
> and Russian, but I was never very serious about
> this, and I speak neither of them.

You certainly know how to make people curious! Where
is Mamqosian supposed to be spoken?

Well, both Dutch and Russian are well-represented on
this list. If you ever need to know something, just
try me (or one of the others).

> - Maija ┼strand

Cheerio,
Jan

=====
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." --- J. Michael Straczynski