Hello!

There is a system of phonological writing called the
IPA:
http://www2.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/ipa.html
However, this is not easy to write in email, text
documents, and html. So people have made various
ASCII-IPA transilteration schemes. I believe X-SAMPA
is the most popular on the list:
http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/sampa/x-sampa.htm
However, personally I like to use Kirshenbaum :)
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Evan_Kirshenbaum/IPA/faq.html

Anyway, some examples:
T = th, like THink
& = a, like in tAg or Active
D = th, like THis, THat
S = sh, like aSH
Z = s,j,zh, like in meaSure or french Je
Hope that helps!