On Tuesday 16 April 2002 20:52, you wrote:
> At 4:12 am +0100 16/4/02, And Rosta wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >One looked forward to the day when IPA symbols could be sent by email
> >without one's having to endure the horrors of contemporary HTML email.
>
> ...and that's yet another thing that both And & I agree on  :)

If the conlang list ran on Mailman, we could. (Always excepting people who
use Windows 3.11 and Pegasus, like Philip.)  Nowadays most e-mail apps
can read utf-8. You might need a decent font (not even Arial Unicode includes
the superscript h for aspiration), but that's all.

>    XRICTOC ANECTH

Not yet -- not for us, at least. Still two weeks of Lent to go...