En réponse à Wesley Parish <[log in to unmask]>:

> I just checked some old work I'd done learning Arabic via the
> Colloquial
> Arabic threesome - Colloquial Arabic (Levantine), Colloquial Egyptian
> Arabic
> and Colloquial Gulf Arabic, and in Gulf Arabic the only time you get a
> SVO is
> in a subordinate sentence, eg, "gilt lih ina Jaasim  raaH il-bayt" - "I
> told
> him that Jaasim had gone home."  The rest of the time it is straight
> VSO.

Yep, the famous particle inna (in Classical Arabic), which, like its "sisters"
(Arabic terminology) must mandatorily be followed by a noun, making sentences
that follow it mandatorily SVO. But not only that, but in Classical Arabic
where you still mark case, the noun following inna, though a subject, must be
in direct case, or accusative :)) . My Reman has a similar structure for its
subclauses too: since in Reman the distinction between prepositions and
conjunctions has disappeared, conjunctions must be followed by a mandatory
noun, which, when it's a personal pronoun, must be in indirect object form. And
think that Reman is a Romance language :))) .

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr