In a message dated 4/18/02 11.10.12 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Sudár Balázs wrote:
>
>> So we have to read Chomsky in russian
>
>LOL! And here I go thinking it's hard enough to understand
>him in English! :D

    ::shudders at the thought of reading Chomsky in German or
*mock-gasp-&-gigglabyte-snarfle* hehe, Chomsky in Tok Pisin or Bislama ... or
even just plain old Ogden's BASIC English::

    Improvising Off the Theme of "Untranslated Notes" ;)
    I had a job long ago in a college music library... I had to have some
_very basic_ comprehension of most Western European musical terminology
(well, mainly titles of musical compositions, names of instruments, etc.) and
have a handy pocket-size multilingual music dictionary.
    One library technician, a "deep-fried Texan and Southerner," was
notoriously monolingual and he had one of those ultra-clunky-kludgey
electronic multilingual translators with a special plug-in module of musical
vocabulary. Every time his batteries were low, he would have a serious case
of "brain farts" and panic attacks. Naturally I would be ROTFLMAO. (OK, I
admit "sabotaging" his battery recharger a "little"...Too bad I couldn't
"hack" his translator to spew out musical terminology Jabberwocky,
James-Joycean-style...)

Hanuman Zhang {HANoomaan JAHng}/'hanuma~n  dZahN/
        Avatar of Sun WuKong,
        a.k.a. "Monkey," a.k.a. "TricksterGod of Chinese Boxers"

~ om hung hanumatay rudratmakai hung phat ~
        mantra to Hanuman the Hindu Monkey TricksterGod

~§~  thee Prizc ov Existenz iz Ætern'l Warfær 'n' Creativ Playf'llniz  ~§~