In a message dated 4/19/02 03.50.04 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Yep, the new transliteration is intended to look like the civilized
>classy high language of some ancient culture, but clearly not Latin
>or Greek.  The vowel letters used for glides in words like =guai=
>(linguistic notation |gwaj|) taste a bit celtic to me.
>
>I like the look of Latin very much, though some things like "merx"
>or "nunc" don't appeal to me either.

    What about _-fex_ (the agentative suffix)? or _plex_? (2 of my favourites
BTW)

>> >I'll apply these new spelling rules to my Babel text and see how it
>comes
>> out.
>>
>>     *_*   ::eyes wide open::
>
>Here you go:
>
>     http://catharsis.netpeople.ch/langmaking/obrenje_babel.htm
>
>I never realized how many apostrophes my new transliteration scheme
>would produce... but somehow they don't even disturb me.  =S'= and
>=Z'= could be written with haceks where available.

    I really like what you do with the schwa in Obrenje...:

<Words linked by phonetic liaison are written as one word in the
pronunciation lines.  I'm using the X-SAMPA wildcard /#/ for the
voiceless schwa /@_0/, which is often realised as an aspiration of
the preceding consonant, or omitted altogether.> from
http://catharsis.netpeople.ch/langmaking/obrenje_babel.htm

Hanuman Zhang {HANoomaan JAHng} /'hanuma~n  dZahN/

~~

_Ars imitatur Naturam in sua operatione._ <from Latin> = "Art is the
imitation of Nature in her manner of operation."
    "The most beautiful order is a heap of sweepings piled up at random." ~
Heraclitus, c. 500 BCE

~~ jinsei to iu mono wa, kinchou na geijyutsu to ieru deshou ~~
<from Japanese> = lit. "one can probably say that 'life' is a precious
artform")