>From: Aidan Grey <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Vocab #4
>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:30:40 -0400
>
>   Brought to you by S (for Sluggy) and F (for Freelance) and
>excalamations.

Lahabic
>   Vocab:
>
>   1. bunny / rabbit
hosotrakhe [hVsVtr{k_he]
HOSOT [hVsVt]
        -ra-
        animate nominative affix
        -khe
        animate nominative suffix
>    2. ferret
to’go’rakhe [t7:h7:r{k_he]
TO’GOS [t7:gVs]
-ra-
        animate nominative affix
        -khe
        animate nominative suffix
>   3. knife
khusukendlei [k_hVsVkendw2y]
        KHUSUK [k_hMsMk]
cut
        -en- [en]
inanimate instrumental affix
-lei [lei]
inanimate nominative suffix
>   4. alien / foreigner
ghele’rakhe
        GHELES [g_telez]
foreign
        -ra- [r{]
        animate nominative affix
        -khe [k_he]
        animate nominative suffix
>   5. ouch! / ow!
Gahat! [g{h\{t]
GAHAT
pain
>   6. help!
Ghauinma’! [g_t{uinmQ:]
        GHAWID [g_t{uid]
        protect
        -ma’- [mQ:]
inanimate dative affix
>   7. aaaa! (a scream of terror)
Haiit! [h\{iit]
        onomatopoetic
>   8. aaaargh! (a scream of pain / failure / death)
Hakat! [h\{k{t]
onomatopoetic
>   9. grrrr! (an intimidating growl)
Yoror! [jVrVr]
YOROR
scare
>   10. blood
ba’ddegwainalei [bQ:ddeg_w{in(lei]
        BA’BH
        -de-
inanimate genitive affix
        GWAYN
        water
        -a- [en]
inanimate nominative affix
-lei [lei]
inanimate nominative suffix

>   Context:
>
>   1. That bunny has a knife!
Gwimmenaha’n ru’khe khotehosotrakhe khusukempo.
[g_wymm2n{h{ndjM:k_he k_hVtehVsVtrak_he k_hMsMk2mpO]
        Gwimmenaha’n ru’khe – 3 sg aor rel pres ind act
        Gwimmena-       have
        Gwim            with
        MENA            be
Khotehosotrakhe – an nom sg
kho-            this
-te-            animate genitive affix
hosotrakhe      rabbit
khusukempo – inan loc sg (due to gwim-)
>   2.  This is my ferret. She likes to dance!
Tyaiena’l li’pa na’pha’to’go’rakwos. Hiyagma’dharabon ru’khe.
[t_j{ienA:lli:p{ nQ:p_hQ:t7:g7:r{k_wOs]
[h\ijagmQ:d_t{r{bOndjM:k_he]
Tyaiena’l li’pa – 2 sg aor rel pres imv
TYAIEN- see; behold
na’pha’to’go’rakwos – an gen sg
na’- EGO
-pha’- an dat aff
to’go’ra- ferret
Hiyagma’dharabon ru’khe – 3 sg impf rel pres ind act
Hiyagma’dharab – want to leap/dance
HIYAK – leap/dance
-ma’-   inan dat aff
DHARAB want
Note: V-ma’-dharab is the standard desiderative form of the Lahabic verb
>   3.  The bunny with the knife is coming for me!
Yaiyikon ru’khe khusukendehosotrakhe.
[j{ijikVndjM:k_he k_hMsMkendehVsVtr{k_he]
Yaiyikon ru’khe – 3 sg impf rel pres ind act
khusukendehosotrakhe – an nom sg
khusuken-       knife
-de-    inan gen aff
hosotrakhe      rabbit
>   4.  Does that alien eat people or not?
Khoteghele’rakhe khemiton ru’khe dhabramen nedhe’l kyelkhemiton ru’khe?
[k_hVteg_tele:r{k_he k_hemytVndjM:k_he d_t{b.r{m2n ned_te:l
k_jelk_hemytVndjM:k_he]
Khoteghele’rakhe – an nom sg
Kho- this
-te-    an gen aff
Ghele’rakhe – foreigner
khemiton ru’khe – 3 sg impf rel pres ind act
dhabramen – an acc pl
dhabra- a person/Dhabra
nedhe’l  - or (NED and + SE’Lbut)
kyel - not
>    5.  Ouch! The rabbit with the knife cut off my arm!
Gahat!  Khusukun ru’khe khusukendehosotrakhe ba’tyaiendro’nento’r
gheum   na’kwos.
[g{h\{t][k_hMsMkMndjM:k_he k_hMsMkendehVsVtr{k_he bQ:t_j{iendj7:nent7:r
        g_teunnQ:k_wOs]
Gahat!          Ouch!
Khusukun ru’khe – 3 sg pf rel past ind act
khusukendehosotrakhe – an nom sg, rabbit with the knife
ba’tyaiendro’nento’r – inan acc sg
ba’-    corporeal prefix
tyaiendro’n - point
-en-    inanimate instr aff