From: "Amanda Babcock" <[log in to unmask]>
>>        ',.py fgcrl
>>        aoeui dhtns
>>        ;qjkx bmwvz
>
>The only problem is that most programming languages and key combinations
>in command-line editors have evolved to use QWERTY, so common programming
>keys like [] or ; are inconvenient in Dvorak, and the direction keys in
>vi no longer form a diamond :)

The worse part is that on the "standard" Dvorak the matching brackets are on the
same key.
(that is, instead of [] unshifted and {} shifted... it's like [{ unshifted
and ]} shifted.)

That tripped me up some when I set up the Dvorak keyboard back when I was
running Linux on my old computer...  (the default commandline dvorak layout was
different than the default xwindows dvorak layout!....)

    *Muke!
--
http://www.frath.net/