Novia comunu:

> hrmm, I am sure this has probably been brought up before, but I am lazy ;)
> Does anyone have an example or two on how to represent names in a language
> IE: Take Robert and make it coincide with your language?

You can look up the meanings of names here and translate them into your
language:
http://www.parenthood.com/parent_cfmfiles/babynames_searchresults.cfm
Robert means "bright fame".

I would loosely translate that into Dublex as Lumcognam
(light+fame(known+name)).

For more on the study of names, see "Gymnastics with Onomastics":
http://www.langmaker.com/ml0103a.htm

Right now Dublex treats proper nouns (names) the same as common nouns
(uncapitalized with no POS ending).  I've been toying with flagging them
with their own part-of-speech ending; say, -ia.  In which case, Robert would
be Lumcognamia.  "Neo" would be Novia.  One advantage of this would be to
distinguish Supernatinia (USA, super-nation) from supernatin (superpower),
Vebnatinia (the Czech Republic, where the Web was invented) from vebnatin
(web-based micronation), Beznatinia (?) from beznatin (absence nation,
"diaspora").  Any disadvantages to this approach?

Jeffrey would be Devcombconia (god+peace(combat+opposite)) (the /b/ is
pronounced in 'comb').

Best regards,

Jeffrey
http://jeffrey.henning.com