On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:44:48 -0400 Amanda Babcock <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Logically, it would seem to, but touch-typing puts the '6' on the
> right
> index finger (4 and 5 on the left index finger, 6 and 7 on the
> right).
> The whole keyboard is divided for touch-typing by a slanting line
> that
> starts between the 5 and 6 and ends between the b and n.
> (Ridiculous
> backward compatibility with typewriters that couldn't have keys
> right on top of each other...)

> Amanda
-

And i always type the letter B with my *right* hand...
Which is why i hate those "ergonomic" keyboards that split the keyboard
into separate peices for the different hands; they force you to type B
with the left hand because the right hand can't reach it anymore.

-Stephen (Steg)
 "azoi-aole, yeli yu emze."