On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:14:46 -0400 Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> In most of Argentina (I should say, in Buenos Aires) both <ll> and
> <y> are
> [Z]; interestingly, Pablo Flores always used [S] instead......a
> regional -
> personal - generational difference?  Or a change since 30 years
> ago?
-

I always thought that [S] was one of the major distinguishing factors of
the Rioplatense accent - as in [So me Samo] "yo me llamo".  Somewhere on
Pablo's website he has a page all about Argentinian (or "Argentine" as my
highschool Spanish teacher from Argentina perferred) Spanish.

-Stephen (Steg)
 "i took his flüüüüüüüüüt..."