 --- Christopher wrote:

Yes, Sturnan is beautiful. It couldn't resist the temptation to trace
some of your words back to PIE roots.

> *Ta is the basic imperative; sona is the polite imperative; elnas is the
> suggestive imperative.

A very nice idea!

> Kwe ta im aroter a pela?
> INT IMP I plough-1s.pst the field?
Let's see. PIE *r- "to plough", *pel- "to cover" or *pelH- "flat".
Am I right? I used them in Hattic, too: araz "to mow", filjer "flat".

> Valon /va(:) lon/ soldier (not inspired by R. Jordan)
PIE *wel- "power"?

> Kaidha /kaj Da/ hello
> Sekalge /se kal ge/ he said
Perhaps related to Russian "skazat'" ("to say")?

> Vengei /veN gE/ to walk, to go
I somehow recognize it, but I can't find it. Reminds me of "vade retro", though.

> Dakurei /da ku rE/ to cry
From PIE *daktru- "tear", no doubt (Hattic: zachura)

> Peresko /pe res ko/ oak tree
PIE *pherkhu- "oak" (Hattic: brg "oak")

> Kamhel /kam hel/ tired
> Kerosei /ke ro sE/ to worship

> Now comes the time when you slice my pride to little slices with scathing
> and HELPFUL criticism.

You consider this helpful?! I doubt it!

Regards,
Jan

=====
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." --- J. Michael Straczynski