Javier BF scripsit:

> >I think this is a new one - an IAList who puts treating languages the same
> >above treating people the same.
>
> Please, could you explain me what exactly do you mean
> with that?

I think the point is that you are constraining your IAL based on
the majority of (described) languages rather than the majority of
speakers.

> Why do you call them "classical"? Because they're the
> vowels of the "classical" language Latin?

No, because they are the five vowels representing the most common
pattern cross-linguistically, and are "classically" found in IALs.

--
John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>     http://www.reutershealth.com