Hugh wrote:
>More likely, its just an irrationally high level of paranoia, and now a CYA
>alibi just in case anything even close to this happens within the next
>twenty years.

I could not agree more.  In the last year or so I have flown a great deal
on business.  Many thousands of miles since 9/11.  I have taken the
increased safety measures with good spirit, and have found that the lines
are really not that bad.  However, the removal and x-ray of shoes is a
perfect example of an irrationally high level of paranoia.  Some nut tries
to set a show on fire in a plane, and now every shoe must be checked?  What
next?  You ladies better hope some kook doesn't try to ignite a bra.

My 2 cents,

/Don