--- In conlang@y..., Nik Taylor <fortytwo@G...> wrote:
> LOL!  This is great!  Of course, everyone knows that
the TRUE IAL is
> Volafek (/volaf@k/), in which nearly every word, by
pure coincidence, of
> course, happens to resemble a swear word and/or
racial slur.  :-)

[LMAO!]

Bah, Volafek is the work of mental midgets, midgets I
say!!!!!

> > It is euphonious and beautiful. It has a strict
> > penultimate stress rule and final vowels on most
> > words, which make it sound just like Italian (only
> > better, because Idino has way more sounds than
> > Italian), which objectively is one of the world's
most
> > beautiful languages.
>
> No, no!  Georgian is the world's most beautiful
language!  ;-)

Hey, Idino has all the charm of Georgian *as well* as
Italian! It's perfect!

> > Esperanto wisely recognises that vowels are
tedious
> > and should be kept to a minimum, and yet does not
go
> > far enough in this. To improve matters, we have
> > removed the unnecessary letter e.
>
> So, how do you say "Esperanto" in Idino?  Spranto?
:-)

Actually, interestingly enough, it can be derived from
any one of the fourteen roots that mean "female
prostitute" in a pinch, but "Spranto" is also valid
:). Or "Uspuranto". Whichever. It's not like you have
to rally knock yourself out to refer to a
soon-to-be-dead language...

> > tx (like the
> > th in thin) dx (a click), bx (a voiced bilabial
> > fricative), rx (a flap), and nx (like the ng in
sing).
> > The newly revamped, smaller, yet more
international
> > vocabulary makes good use of these!
>
> But, what about implosives and ejectives?  We need
at least 100 sounds!
> :-)

Hey hey, buddy, you're starting to edge onto
"dangerously non-syncophantic" there... we ain't
havin' no "Idino Rxfrmita" movements around these
parts!

> > 2. Phonotactics
> >
> > What's that?
>
> I think it means "tactics to ensure that someone
phones you"  ;-)

That must be it!

Dr. M

Movies, Music, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca