Nik Taylor wrote:

>Andreas Johansson wrote:
> > I do anti-calligraphy; most people think my handwriting is dead ugly,
>but
> > they admit that is easily readable ('xcept when I write really fast, but
> > then I tend to abolish such fine distinctions as |k| vs |h| vs |b|, |a|
>vs
> > |u|, |c| vs |e| vs |r| vs |s| vs |-|, and |y| vs |j|).
>
>What about {u} and {v}?  Those are two that I always have trouble with
>in my own writing.  I cannot consistently distinguish them, unless I
>write those letters very slowly.

It's a really bad day when those two merge for me, 'cos |v| is one of those
letters that tend towards a horizontal line (others are |e| and |r|),
whereas |u| tends to retain the upward thingies.

The worst part is probably my strong tendency to write |h| and |k| the same.
|r| becoming a softly rising line is perhaps odd, but doesn't cause much
reading trouble.

                                                   Andreas

                                             Andreas