Christophe Grandsire wrote:
> Well, the strangeness of English is getting worse! What's the point of calling
> it "indigo" if it's a kind of blue?

The same as using terms like "scarlet" or "sky blue" or "crimson" etc.
To subdivide the category "blue".

> I would have a hard time describing pink without a word for it

"Light red", that's how I sometimes think of it.  :-)

In fact, sometimes I think that light blue and dark blue would be more
justified being split up into two basic colors than red and pink.

> You don't see the purple end? That's strange!

I don't think so.  Well, I tend to see something that's a bit of a
purplish-blue, so maybe it's the blue that's lacking.  :-)

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -